To be considered for a scholarship, the candidate must submit a completed application with the following information to the John P. Burke Memorial Fund by May 1st:
- A transcript of secondary school record or transcripts from all college work since high school graduation.
- A copy of the following:
- Student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- CSS/PROFILILE, if applicable
- Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Financial Award Letters from all schools to which the Applicant applied.
- A copy of the family’s latest Income Tax Return.
- A letter of recommendation from the Applicant’s high school principal or guidance counselor.
- A letter of recommendation from an officer or board member of the club sponsoring the Applicant.
- A letter of recommendation from a member of the club sponsoring the Applicant who knows the Applicant.
- A letter of recommendation from the Golf Professional, or Course Superintendent or House or General Manager of the club sponsoring the Applicant.
The Scholarship Committee will review ONLY completed application packages which include all required information and copies listed above.
Note: An interview with the Committee is required to be considered for a Burke Scholarship. A completed application package is necessary to be scheduled for an interview.
Scholarships are awarded only for tuition, room, board and other costs billed by the College or University. Scholarship Awards are for Undergraduate Study at an accredited degree-granting College or University. The Scholarship Award is renewable for up to four (4) years, or eight (8) semesters of Study.
The Student is required to maintain a minimum of a 2.0 GPA (Grade Point Average – 4.0 System) to continue the Scholarship, must submit a grade transcript at the end of each semester/quarter.
Confidentiality: All information received by the John P. Burke Memorial Fund is held in strictest confidence and is used solely for the selection of Scholarship recipients.
Prospective candidates for a Scholarship will receive consideration without discrimination on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin or disability.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING COMPLETED APPLICATION
AND REQUIRED INFORMATION IS MAY 1ST.